If you are interested in specific 1:1 coaching please contact us. We offer coaching for individuals of any age and can cover the majority of technical events at various standards from beginner to international level. Athletics encompasses core skills that are critical for other sports so we often undertake coaching of athletes from other sporting disciplines including rugby, football, tennis, ice hockey and ultimate frisbee. 1-1 technical sessions cover a variety of events and are structured and planned to individual needs.
- General techncial work
- Sprints – technique, starts
- Hurdles – sprint and 300/400m hurdles
- Jumps – High Jump, Long Jump, Triple Jump and Pole Vault
- Middle distance – technique, fitness and srteeple chase/cross country and road running
- Throws -including, shot, discus hammer and Javelin
- Conditioning, physical preparation, core stability and power development
- Plus lots more . . .
Some athletes who have already benefitted from 1-1 Coaching with Sonya Ellis – Level 4 combined events coach – sprints specialist are listed below:
- Ronnie Wells – UK Under 17 sprint champion and ranked 3rd in World 100m rankings 2012
- Matt Raasch-Sotinwa – Senior 100m Sprinter – Paralympic Potential Athlete
- Tom Johnson – Exeter Chiefs player – technical sprints
- Byron McGuigan – Exeter Chiefs player – technical sessions in sprints
- Natasha Mead – 100m sprints – Visually Impaired athlete competed at GB level
- Glenn Etherington – senior hurdles, UK trials and Channel Islands
- Grant Stenhouse – Scottish 400m champion – part of our unique TechnaCoach programme
- Cecily T. – Junior club middle distance athlete – technical, conditioning and mobility
- Callum K. – Junior Rugby and sports – sprints and throws training
- Harry O. – National junior triathlete – technical work
- Jaz – Junior footballer on scholarship at a Premiership football club – sprints, technical and conditioning
- Nadine – junior athlete – combined events
Plus lots more……..